HHS Reporting Deadline Coming Soon
If you received a Health and Human Services (HHS) Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payment, a reporting deadline is approaching. As you may recall, there were 3 phases of HHS Relief payments. You may have received relief payments from Phase 1 or Phase 2, and possibly from Phase 3. If your payments totaled more than $10K, you are required to report the use of those funds.
The original first reporting deadline was January 15, 2021, through February 15, 2021. The stimulus bill that passed in late December 2020 has pushed these dates. Updated dates are still not known.
HHS Reporting Portal Open for Registration
But the portal is open, and HHS is encouraging you to begin the registration process. Home (hrsa.gov) BE PREPARED before you start. According to the HHS website, “You cannot save a partially complete registration. Make sure you have all of the information required to register before you begin.”
Data Needed for Registration
What do you need? Here is the list directly from HHS. Note, especially the 3 items where we’ve added **. The payment amounts and dates are least likely to be at your fingertips. So be sure to look up that information in advance.
- Tax ID Number (TIN) (or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number (EIN))
- Business name (as it appears on a W-9) of the reporting entity [This should be your legal business name.]
- Contact information (name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (street, city, state, five-digit zip code) of the reporting entity as it appears on a W-9)
- TIN(s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary(ies) – in a list delimited by commas, e.g.,123456789,987654321,135791357)
- Payment information (for any of the payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment
- **Payment amount
- **Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- **Check number or ACH settlement date
You must report a second time if all your funds were not utilized by December 31, 2020. The second reporting deadline is scheduled for July 31, 2021, and will not likely change.
Specific reporting and supporting data requirements for the HHS PRF are here, but I wouldn’t try to read this too close to bedtime.